11.13.2012

Rose-coloured glasses.

I am looking at the world through rose-coloured glasses
stained with the precious blood of Christ
His love for us overwhelms, it surpasses
His love overcame, it more than sufficed.

What joy I grasp, what hope is induced
seeing the world through this harsh, gory hue
how clearly I see, what gladness produced
when perceiving the Cross, I acquire this worldview.

Delusional? No. Unrealistic? Never.
Your steadfast love will never be severed.
I have cause for peace; I have cause to rejoice
but in these moments I find I have no voice

For looking through blood, seeing Your pain
remembering that only through Christ do I gain
looking at the forgiveness that grace attains
staring bewildered at loosed, destroyed chains
my speechless heart emits a joyous refrain:
“Worthy, Worthy is the Lamb who was slain.”

No comments:

Post a Comment