1.13.2013

{Beautiful}










You know, I always tease you about I'm your second mom and always taking care of you, (and I've lost count of how many times I've angered you for being too 'motherly' with you...) but something that you may not realize is that you take care of me just as much as I take care of you, if not more.
You keep me wild and happy, enthusiastic about being alive, and looking at the world in a beautiful way. How many times have you grabbed me and pulled me into the living room and forced me to dance with you to blaring music, no matter how loudly I protested? How many times have you instigated tickle fights, begged me to paint with you, buried your face in my hair and giggled? You've no idea how much I rely on you and how blessed I am by you.

You see everything differently, and show me.
You see me and nurture me and worry over me the same way that I do with you.

A couple months ago I was having a dreadful day, and I pushed you away when you tried to get me to open up to you. You ran out and slammed the door. But right before you did, you yelled "I just want to take care of you!" I paused and thought, "But that's my job, taking care of you." Right? Making sure you don't leave the house without looking proper, making sure you have clean clothes, helping you with your schoolwork, encouraging you to read your Bible, checking up on you and how you're doing. But I've come to the realization over the past few months of opening up to you that you do take care of me a whole lot more than I gave you credit for. I'm a mess, you know that. And you put so much effort into making me smile and be girlish when life gets ugly and serious- making me feel sane when it feels like I'm slipping. You, Naomi....Beautiful... are exactly that. This is my soppy way of saying thank you for everything that you do. Thank you, thank you, Moe.

You're my little sunbeam.

No comments:

Post a Comment